For a very long time, cleaning has always been associated with too much effort, but this notion is changing with time. This is especially after the introduction of smaller and more compact vacuums into the market. Thanks to technology, you can even schedule your cleaning when far from home using a robot vacuum cleaner, the most recent development. Here are the main benefits of owning a lightweight vacuum cleaner:
- They are easily portable – These vacs are made of lighter components hence are smaller and lighter which allows for an easier push, pull or lift while cleaning without using too much effort or causing pain. This makes them ideal for people with back problems, the elderly, those with medical conditions like osteoporosis and arthritis and those confined to wheelchairs. Most of them are cordless thus can be used to clean anywhere without being tethered to a specific radius by cords.
- Smaller hence easier storage – Small vacuum cleaners take up very little space thus you will not need to budget for extra storage space thus saving on costs. They can easily fit under a bed, in a corner, in a small closet or cabinet or on a shelf as most of them are easily collapsible and do not contain long cords that are hard to store.
- Ease of use – Finding a cleaning tool that is small, lightweight, easily portable and takes up little space makes it easier to use. These can be lifted to comfortable heights in order to clean other areas apart from the floor. They can even be placed under the seat of a car to clean the car itself or even the office. They do not contain complicated power buttons and settings buttons or knobs like the larger vacuums thus making them easier to use. Emptying them is also easier as you only need to shake the dirt off the dirt cup or press the empty button.
- Suction power – Contrary to popular belief, these machines have optimum suction power and can be used to clean up most dirt. If the vacuum has the wet/dry functions, it becomes even more effective in cleaning up messes. These features make it easier for them to pick up food spills, pet hairs and debris.
- Affordable – Most small lightweight vacs cannot compare to the larger upright vacs in terms of price. They are cheaper and more affordable and can even be bought by students for cleaning of their rooms.
- Power saving – Most of these vacuums make use of rechargeable batteries that can last between 5 minutes to 30 minutes before recharging. This is efficient in terms of saving power hence cuts down on your electricity bills. This also makes perfect for performing little cleaning tasks and clearing up small messes.
- HEPA filters – Most of these appliances have a HEPA filter that is important in combating allergens present in the air thus preventing the sparking off of allergies. These filters are easy to buy and replace and this is done without additional tools.
Conducting a good research on this kind of vacuums and reading customer or buyer reviews is very important before deciding on which one to invest in.