Hardwood flooring is one of the most popular flooring options in various types of houses. Hardwood is durable, elegant and has beauty that goes with all decoration types; adding a touch of modernity and class to your home. Accumulation of unsightly dirt and hair on your floor ruins this beautiful image.
Just like owning a car you really like, hardwood floors require similar attention and the correct tools. It is difficult to keep the polish and sheen on your hardwood floor particularly when you are using the wrong tool for the job. A good vacuum for hardwood flooring eliminates the manual labor from the cleaning process.
Why a Handheld Vacuum?
Handheld vacuums do not have bristles and will, therefore, not scratch your hardwood. They can get into the corners and crevices of your hardwood that will often be missed by larger vacuums. They also best for instant and quick cleaning of your hardwood.
Here are the things you should look out for:
- Weight – A handheld cleaner is supposed to be convenient for quick pick ups and tight areas it should, therefore be comfortable to use. Choose a handheld that is light so that its extended use will not cause discomfort. The handle should also be comfortable and feel right for you.
- Battery life and charge time – Choose a machine that has a long battery life because you do not want to a vacuum that loses suction power or dies before you finish cleaning. Also the recharge time should be reasonable.
- Dirt capacity – Select one that can hold a fair amount of dirt particularly when you have a lot of waste to clean e.g. pets that shed a lot of hair. The method of emptying the filter is equally important. It should have a one touch system of emptying the dirt rather than one that forces you to remove a dirty filter with your hands before emptying the dirt.
- Functionality – Best vacuums come with optimum functionalities such as pet hair removal, carpet cleaning, wet and dry cleaning and brushing
Examples of brands to look out for:
- Dyson DC 34 – This cleaner has a running time of 15 minutes. It has a lithium-ion battery that recharges 3 times faster than other models. It is lightweight and hygienic to empty.
- Black & Decker CHV1410L – It has a strong suction power and longer charge. It is also to empty.
- Eureka RapidClean Step Handheld corded, 41A – It has an on/off brush roll switch to clean hardwood safely. It contains a crevice tool and is powerful to provide superior cleaning performance.
It has a high suction power. Its collection bin holds 16.9 ounces of dirt, meaning you will not have to empty the bin before you actually finish your cleaning. It runs for 17 minutes which is long enough for you to finish cleaning.
There are numerous brands available in the market. Each brand has special features that you may want to consider before buying. Narrow down your options to those brands that fit the type of hardwood floor you will be cleaning. Check out Hardwood Champion for more great reviews on the best hardwood vacuums currently available.